Xenophobia: MTN, Shoprite, Multichoice & other SA owned firms Resumes

0
7 minutes read

MTN, Shoprite, Multichoice and other firms owned by South African nationals have resumed business operations in Lekki, Surulere, Mushin, Agege, Ogba, Ikeja, among other places in Lagos, The Nation reports

According to the report, activities at Shoprite centre in Lekki, was normal as it was before the reprisal attacks following the xenophobic attacks on Nigerians in South Africa.

A respondent from the media group who was at Agege reported some Multichoice offices were, however, not open for business.

Read also: Airlifting Of Nigerians Commences On Wednesday – NICASA

He said some branches reopened on Saturday, but stressed that by Sunday morning all branches had reopened.

Although the office was looking well set and activities going on smoothly, the workers told our reporter that hoodlums last week went away with some television sets and damaged some valuables.

“Those hoodlums entered, scattered the whole place, damaged our air conditioner outside, forcefully removed one of the television on the slab and smashed it on the floor. We all ran for our lives. The police later came and chased them away.

“We are back now, activities have commenced, you are safe here,” he said.

Our reporter observed that the PEP shop and the two MTN offices on Bode Thomas Road were not open. The hoodlums looted the place and damaged things in the shops.

Read also: Another Looted Billions Of Dollar Traced To Former Head Of State

At Shoprite in Surulere, activities have reopened, but reports has it that some shops were still locked.

Also Read:  Xenophobia: Nigerian Embassy in South Africa shuts out victims

A guard said activities resumed yesterday.

He said only three shops were affected in last week crisis.

“Those boys destroyed a shop that sells clothes and the woman that owns the shop just loaded her shop with new clothing before the incident.

The other shops sell different brands of phones, while the third deals in different electronics,” he said.

He said those people that did not open their shops were either still scared of the incident or did not get the information that normalcy has been restored.

“Police are here, they have been here since morning, they only moved to the side of the mall shortly because of the intensity of the sun. This place is safe,” he said.

Meanwhile, at Mushin in Lagos, the DSTV office was opened and a worker confirmed activities resumed on Monday.

Read also: Xenophobia: T.B. Joshua Reacts, Calls For Unity

Loading...

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here